We ask each person to limit their belongings to 35 pounds per person. We suggest using durable duffle bags. They are easiest for us to pack. Temperatures can range widely in the wilderness, so think about how you can layer your clothing to accommodate the temperature fluctuations.
- Sleeping cots are provided
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad (Therm-a-Rest)
- Riding boots with a 1 inch heel, such as the newer riding boots or traditional cowboy boots. Hiking boots can also work for riding. Avoid wearing low cut shoes as your ankles may rub against the stirrups.
- A pair of water shoes and tennis shoes or slippers for around camp.
- Broad brimmed hat
- Cotton &/or Wool Socks
- Warm Sleeping Clothes (long underwear works well)
- Warm Jacket, Wool Sweater or a Down Vest for the cooler evenings
- Rain Gear, should be durable and lightweight (this gear will be kept with you at all times and tied on the back of your saddle, the weight of this gear is not counted in the 35 pound weight limit).
- Shirts – a variety of long sleeve, short sleeve and/or sleeveless. We suggest riding in a lightweight long sleeved shirt to decrease sunburn.
- Jeans or other durable pants – 2/3
- Shorts -1/2
- Swim Suit
- The nights can be very cool, so a pair of lightweight gloves and a stocking hat to sleep in might be nice to have.
- A Bath Towel and Washcloth
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toothbrush & Paste
- Skin lotion
- Lip Balm with SPF
- Prescription Medicines
- Environmentally Safe/Biodegradable Shampoo/Conditioner (available at REI, etc.)
- Environmentally Safe Soap
- Insect Repellent
- Hair Brush/Comb
- Head Lamp or Flashlight
- Extra Batteries
- Day pack or fanny pack if day hikes are planned
- Bear pepper spray
Items you will want to have with you when you ride: a water bottle, sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, Kleenex, camera, binoculars and gloves. These items can be stored in your saddlebags. When not being worn, rain gear and/or a jacket will be tied to the back of your saddle and accessible if needed for inclement weather. The weight of these items do not count against the 35 pound weight limit.